Friday, October 12, 2007

New blog!

I've decided to start an Autodesk blog (yay!)

My passion (apart from God and family) is AutoCAD. I love Inventor, too, but I'm not proficient enough (yet) to provide tips~n~tricks for that one. I'm sure that will come soon enough.

As for now, I'll try to post a tip or two every once in a while when I either accidentally discover, develop out of necessity, or learn on another blog (the more places a tip is published, the better access the community overall will have to them, and well .. that's the whole point, isn't it?)

So to begin. What tip do you want to know about? hmmm ...

Dimensioning.

Here's a tip that is bound to help someone out there. Whenever you dimension (and I mean WHENEVER you dimension) use the setting "Scale dimensions to layout". This option is in the FIT tab of your dimstyle manager.



This technique allows you to dimension either through a single scale or several differently scaled viewports into modelspace or in paperspace without switching from this dim style to that one to whichever one each viewport called for.

If you've already dimensioned your drawing without clicking this box, no problem. Set it up and then click DIMUPDATE and highlight all the dims in whichever viewport(s).

Hope that helps!

Comments are always welcome :)

No comments: