Saturday, October 13, 2007

Autocad 2008

Oh, how I love Autocad 2008! It's such a great upgrade. I've just begun playing with it, but from the screencast I've seen from Lynn Allen (seen here), I can t wait to get crackin' on it.

The multileader tool and the annotative scaling feature are the most exciting I've seen. How many times have you decided to rescale a viewport, only to dread either doing the math and scaling all your text, dims (tho the dims are solved using this tip), hatching and any other items needing scaling (blocks), or pushing everything through to paperspace, rescaling to your standard, and then pushing it back into modelspace (spoken of in an upcoming blog entry - stay tuned!). Well, annotative scaling is a snap (with some setup).

Multileaders are ONE OBJECT! No longer is it 4 leaders qlattach'ed to mtext, but rather one single group of 4 leaders and mtext. I'm happy now :)

I'm sure there's plenty more (the automated sample blocks are cool, too), and once we install this on our workstations, I'll be playing -- errr, working -- with it a lot.

Have fun cadding!

No comments: